So, the left continues to scream that Trump is destroying the country, but it seems to me, despite the fact that generally speaking the news media bashes Trump constantly, the bits and pieces of news I am catching seem to tell a much different story. If I were to just look at the stock market, and job market, and initial results from the tax plan, and a few other factors, it would seem that ALL of America is doing better under Trump, much better in fact.
Corporate production that has returned to the United States since the “evil Trump” was elected and has enacted policies that promote US production instead of outsourcing:
- Ford cancelled a planned small car production plant move to Mexico
- Trans-Lux (makers of the Jumbotron) are moving 100% of their production back to the US from China
- Sprint is bringing back 50,000 jobs and investing $50 billion into the US economy
- GM has invested $1.9 billion in creating or retaining 1,500 jobs in US production facilities
- Carrier kept 1,100 jobs in the US that they planned to move to Mexico
- IBM, who as recently as 2016 cut 14,000 US jobs has since announced the creation of 25,000 US jobs over the next 4 years (related story)
- Fiat Chrysler is moving production of the Ram Trucks back to the US from Mexico, and in doing so is bringing 2,500 jobs back (related story)
- Amazon announced creation of 100,000 full-time US jobs
- Walmart announced it would be hiring 10,000 more retail employees and due to construction of new distribution centers, will be employing 24,000 construction workers
- Lockheed Martin announced it would be hiring 1,800 more workers at their Texas production plant where the F-35 is built (related story)
- Mining and logging industry has added 42,000 jobs since Trump was elected, as opposed to cutting 83,000 jobs under Obama (related story and related story)
- Intel resumed production of a new $7 billion facility in Arizona that will employ 3,000 high paying tech jobs and 10,000 support personnel
- Bayer AG committed to adding 3,000 US jobs and billions in R&D spending
- Samsung investing $300 million and adding 500 US jobs (related story)
- AT&T announced they were giving $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 US employees, specifically citing the tax reform as the reason
- Comcast announced, due to the tax reform, it would be giving $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 employees (related story)
- Walmart raised their base pay to $11 an hour and handed out bonuses of up to $1,000 to hourly employees (related story)
- The list of companies giving out post-tax plan pay increases and bonuses continues to grow (see image to the right and the related story)
- Apple, the company liberals love to love, is bringing back $250 Billion and 20,000 jobs to the US and even according to leftist, Trump hating media, “even if only a portion is directly attributable to the new tax law.” (related story)
In regards to a few other measures of the US Economy, the stock market under Trump has grown by $6.9 Trillion, yes Trillion (related story) and in news that has not really even made the news, the national debt has actually fallen by $102 Billion since Trump took office, and even ULTRA liberal Snopes can’t twist that to something other than “True” (Snopes entry). That is quite the contrast to the increase of nearly $9 Trillion under Obama (related story).
I may just be some stupid street cop, but if this is what “destroying America” looks like, please, keep on destroying.
Note: I will be the first to admit that Trump was absolutely NOT my candidate in the primaries. I have written numerous times that I hate the way he acts on social media and that I think he is far too flippant with the way he talks about certain issues, including the language he uses. That is not because it offends me, hell, I am impossible to offend and what he has said nearly echoes my own sentiments, but it is because I feel his behavior is not appropriate for the person holding the position of the President of the United States. Just because I disagree with how he handles that particular aspect of his job does not remotely mean that I do not support the president.